Format tecno phones is common issue among the tecno users this day. You may need to hard rest tecno phones due to certain reasons which include virus problem, malfunction of the phones among others.
Other issues that might require format tecno phones are, forget your pattern or unlock code, you cannot access your device. Another serious Issue is when your Android Phone may be unable to boot up when power it on.
If you ever have any of these issues with your device the best option to this is to perform a hard rest tecno on your Android phone (recovery mode), this will wipe everything and restore your device to its factory state.
At this point, before we go further on this, I will strongly advise you to backup your information on the phone before you format the phones. You will only regain your data if you earlier backed-up your phone data on your local drive, or memory card.
Read: Step by Step on How to Download Torrent Files with Android Devices
Note that the procedure will not delete any file on your SD card. This method works on many Android phones that is why I will recommend the method.
How to backup your data before format tecno phones
If you have a computer, then there are some recommended apps that can be used to backup your files and contacts on the computer. Apps like MobileGo, then move to DCIM folder and copy all files or do those automatically using backup apps, while your settings, Google can back that up for you.
Simply go to Settings ===> Personal ===> Backup and Reset, and then select both backup my data and automatic restore.
From here go back to Settings ===> Personal ===> Account & Sync ===> select your Google account, then check all boxes and ensured that available data is synchronized, this is one way of backing up your data before format tecno phones.
Alternatively, you can backup all data in device memory (phone memory) to your SD Card.
How to Format Tecno Phones (Android)
Method 1: format tecno phones
This method is via recovery mode
- First thing to do is switch off your phone
- Here you are doing two things at a time by holding two keys at the same time: Power key and Volume up key, hold them until you see Menu appear on the screen of the phone before you release them.
- On the Menu as it appears, this option will surely show up, they are Data Wipe or Factory Reset.
- Use the volume keys to scroll down and select the DATA WIPE/FACTORY RESET with the Power key.
- Another Menu option will show up and you will see a series of numbers arranged vertically so scroll down with the help of your volume key down and find DELETE ALL USER DATA.
- Then use the Power key to select it and wait for the process to finish.
- When it is done, you will be taken to the first Menu then scroll to REBOOT PHONE NOW and use the Power Key to Select the option and wait for your phone to REBOOT.
Method 2: format tecno phones
This method is via factory reset
- Firstly, tap Settings from your App drawer.
- If you don’t have a backup of your device, then run a backup via “BACKUP AND RESET”, this is very important as it help you from losing your data permanently.
- After that, tap “FACTORY DATA RESET”
- Then tap “RESET PHONE”
Finally, that is all you need to do. With any of the above method, you will format tecno phones successfully.
I hope this info helpful? Feel free to share this post with your friends using the like/share buttons.
You can also subscribe to my blog below for more tips delivered to your inbox. Thank you.